Next Wednesday is the due of another online essay, whose title is films. It reminds me of the film, island etude, which introduces a youth’s story of traveling around Taiwan. The movie is well-acted and inspiring.
Go cycling can be either relaxing or exhausting. When it is concerned about traveling around the island, it is definitely a tough task. However, when riding the bicycle, the protagonist seems to discover the beauty of the island, which people might neglect. Therefore, enjoyment, outlet, and gain, fill the whole journey. The movie shows self-challenge and self-discovery through exploring the island. It also includes observations of some problems in Taiwan. Besides, the movie depicts the beauty in the scenery of the island as well as the wonderful inscape of the minds.
After seeing this movie, I feel like seeing more films which introduce stories in different countries. Sometimes, I am packed with what are on TV channels, which might limit me to certain kinds of movies. Maybe it’s the time for me to search for different types of movies, to listen to various languages, to know different cultures, to get to know the unique beauty of people and landscapes from different corners of the world.
Movie is a visual and auditory connection to a place, a person, a culture, a tradition, or a fad. I would like to recommend the movie, etude, to my friends, and I look forward to see more Taiwanese movies which show concerns about this beautiful island.
2 則留言:
i love watching movie as well. i agree ur point of view that watching movie can see other countries. I always think that watching movie can increase our own experience because movie is an small epitome of life, including our emotions and reaction on lives. a good movie will make us think and experience different situation of life. from time to time, it might increase our knowledge and care the world. for example, some movies is about war and blood event around the world
I'm a huge fan of movies as well! A lot of movie stars say that the reason why they like their career is because they can experience different kinds of life each time they play a new role. As an audience, the reason why I like watching movies so much is because I can therefore know and understand different types of lives, people, countries and culture. I think one of the most valuable treasure on earth is human culture, which is invisible but closely related to us in everyday life. Being in a different place, a different time, we can have a living style totally contrast to others. What makes us diverse? How we differ from the others? How are others life like? These are what I'm addiced to. Exploring culture difference for me is the most interesting subject in my life. It makes me feel my life is more than I have substantially. Therefore, movies have provide me the most convenience and cheaper way to extand my knowledge than going abroad. I appreciate that I am living in Taiwan where is a paradise, welcoming all kinds of movies to play here without a strict government making numerous rules and limitation to block our information resourse and our mind. We are all lucky, aren't we?
張貼留言