Before the narration, I have to say that I think the whole story is funny and with no importance at all. I remember once my neighbor kept a dog. Because of my favor of dogs, I always said hello to the dog whenever I went by. It was an elegant dog with beautiful fur, and it always sat quietly and leisurely in front of its keeper’s store. From time to time, I particularly went to see it as if greeting it was my pleasure to end a routine day.
I remembered that when the first time I saw the dog, I had confusion of its size. I wondered if it would become bigger or not. Somebody told me that it was in the general size of its species, and it would keep the size. However, when I passed by, I found the dog became bigger, and I started getting confused. Therefore, I jumped in conclusion that this kind of dog would get much bigger than it was. Days after, I suddenly found the dog wasn’t there anymore, and sadly thought that the keeper sent it to someone else.
Time passed. One day, I walked on the street and habitually took a glance at the shop as I usually did. To my surprise, the dog wasn’t anywhere but there. It was back being thinner than it used to be. I gladly turned to ask its owner what happened. Then, I found that the dog had given birth to two plump puppies. Before, It was fatter because of pregnancy. My observation was right (it became fatter), but all my deductions are totally wrong.
The fact of the story made me feel funny. I was glad to see the dog again and to meet its new family members. At the same time, I cannot but feel that I always believe what I see or believe what I believe is true. However, the whole story might be different to the extreme. My story of the dog might not be interesting nor serious at all, but it made me consider a little more. Thinking not much or too much, or judge too quickly might easily lead to wrong answers. Things could be complicated, and they can be simple as well. Things are just what they are, no matter whatever they are.
1 則留言:
after i seeing your journal, let me remember a sentence" seeing is believing." However, is that true? what we see is what we believe. there must be something wrong about what we see. Especially, we sometomes add our subjective opinions to an event and we think we are right and objective. But, i love ur opinion with your personal comment on what you saw, which always makes me think.
張貼留言