2008年5月7日 星期三

Let Go

This is another my dear song time. The song, “Let Go”, in Keri Noble’s album is a wonderful piece of work. It lyrically states out the theme of the album—letting go of pressure, expectations, and things try to make us change who we are.

The song is simple—just through its simplicity, it flows the wisdom of life. In our lives, sometimes things just don’t seem right. We might become fretted, worried, or irritated by the things in front of us. Maybe the things or the people don’t meet our expectation. We might be disappointed and depressed. However, if we can try to accept that we cannot change all the things, we might feel much better. We are human beings, and certainly we have some limitations in various aspects. We should not and could not take control over all the things. If we learn to let go the uncontrollable things, we can regain peace of mind.

Letting go is not a passive and coward attitude; instead, it takes great courage. Every encounter, conflict, and problem in our lives seems trivial to the vast world, but significant to the individuals. It’s difficult for people to let go the heavy stones on our minds or to let go the precious in our tightly-hold hands. Nevertheless, some unexpected things might happen, and the experience of loss is inevitable. We have no power to hold the moonlight, stop the running water, or reverse the sunrise. When we face the reality, letting go could be a choice, which gives us a peaceful answer.

The lyrics say, “Life doesn’t go the way that I plan/ But I think it sees better than I can/ I try to control with all my might/ But when I let go that’s when things go right/ Let go.” Learning to letting go is a lifelong lesson, and I am trying to learn how. Trying hard on things is important. Also, knowing when to let go also tests our wisdom. Little by little, I am trying to learn what to fight for or when and what to let go.

沒有留言: