Recently I heard that a music collector was selling his humongous collection, waiting for bid of 3 million. Besides, a calligraphy of the emperor of Song Dynasty is worth 0.3 billion. I am wondering that the bid on the famous work of art in the world, such as Leonardo Da Vinci’s, Van Gogh’s…etc. I think the work is invaluable to the artist and the collectors. Therefore, people are willing to buy it on a huge expense. Due to the same reason, people may value various things differently and buy the things by some means or other.
There are collectors of different tastes all over the world, from ordinary people to the rich, from children to the elders. Some collect stamps, which of limited edition attract consumers like bees. Some collect coins, and the value of the extinct coins can rise up to several degrees. Some may collect watches, and people may hear that some rich people bought large numbers of watches that count more than 1 million NT dollars. Some may collect books, and the ones out of print or in the first print can be the favorite of the collectors. Some collect paintings, Shu Fa, CDs, clocks, lighters, model airplanes, crystals, Hello Kitty, Snoopy, miniature dolls, antiques, and so on. Maybe I can say each person has his or her own taste, and each thing could be the collection of different people.
Each person has his or her own value. No matter people buy things out of sudden impulse or after consideration, they‘ve got their own reasons. Some people may be willing to spend 3 million to buy a house, while some would like to spend it on books,CDs, etc. In fact, they both spend the same amount of money, and they get their personal favorite things. After I listened to the radio clips about the music collector, I think maybe partly because he is blind, he has keen sense of music, and the CDs have become his best companions. It’s just my hypothesis. Anyway, if I won lottery somday, maybe I would like to purchase his whole collection. Who knows? ^^
3 則留言:
Dear Emma, do you like to collect something ? i think that one who has great impulse to collect something means that he or she have great spirit of focusing something and they are more perserverance than others because they will devote themselves in one thing. They will find some value belonging to their own, and treasure small things. If there is no painting collectors, we will have no beautiful gallery, exhibition, and museum to apperciate great works. I love your artical really, always making me think.
I don't really collect something, but I admire those collectors. As you said, they exactly know what they like, and they really have strong perseverance. Thank you for comment, I like your idea a lot, especially on "treasure small things" I think that those advantages are what I should learn from.
well... in fact i admire those collectors as well. Like you, Emma, I don't really collect anything, either. I like ear rings but it's impossible for me to collect them all. Probably it's just because I'm lack of money, or because I don't have so much passion about them. who knows.I think it's very important for people to appreciate things on earth. As for those who are extremely into something, I hope someday I'll have one thing for me to be crazy about, too. ;)
張貼留言